Friday, October 28, 2005

Ice?

Hurricane Wilma hit Florida causing widespread power loss. On the 26th of October, 2005 people were standing in aid lines waiting for their water and Ice. It was 63 degrees that day. What do they need ice for. Yes, in the middle of the Floridian summer, for elderly without power, ice is a necessity. It is however October. 36 degrees F (17 C) is not hot. Why are they passing out ice? Or even better question is, why are people waiting in line, some people twelve hours, for ice? Should or government be providing people with their needs after a disaster, or luxuries. Yes I consider a bag of ice a luxury, I cannot get one here, I would love to drink my beverages cold but it usually is not an option. IT is three degrees Celsius warmer here, I have no ice, I have no air conditioning, I am doing just fine. Since when is not having electricity for a few days an emergency requiring state aid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home