Monday, January 23, 2006

My Auslanderausweis


Ok, I have been meaning to write about his for a while now. It is just a quirk. In order to live in Switzerland you need an Auslanderausweis. This is no problem for me to acquire as I am married to a swiss citizen. This of coarse costs money. 65 CHF here for this copy at this government office 35 CHF at another for a different copy. This is to be expected with any government. Later on , when I found a job, it was going to cost another 100 CHF to get my Auslanderausweis amended to also be a work permit. This was also to be expected and not a problem, since my company paid for it. After getting it amended, instead of shipping it directly to me it was shipped to the local town hall and I received a letter that I could pick it up there. When it arrived there ( I had already started my new job) I received a letter from the local government telling me to come pick it up and that it would cost 65.65 franks for my Auslanderausweis. This cost ws not for them to make an official copy of do anything, just hand me MY document. So I was like, well, since I already have a job and am not planning on getting a new one anytime soon, I really don’t need to have this document with me. I’ll just let the town government hold on to it for me and if I ever need it then I would go pay the 65 CHF. This was not acceptable, but what could the town do, They knew I really didn’t need this document anymore now that I was already in Switzerland and had a job. I would only need it if I was to change apartments or change jobs. So they sent me an ultimatum. Pay now or we will increase the charge by 10CHF every week until I pay. So I paid. When I went to go pay, I noticed that the town government closes for lunch every day, for two and a half hours. 11:30-14:00. must be nice to get two and a half hours for lunch and charge people outrageous sums to hand them things.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats switzeland, been there done that.

I had to pay 60CHF to be handed one that was expired onetime for my newborn. Then they immediately took it back to issue a new one which cost another 60CHF.

permanent link  

Post a Comment

<< Home